Thursday, April 18, 2013

13th Age Monk

The Monk is back!  This is the first class to be opened for playtesting of 13 True Ways.  As per the Introduction in the PDF I'm not going to discuss any specifics publicly.  The rationale is that reading what others think will affect your own perceptions of the class, disproportionately perpetuating a single opinion.  I happen to agree, and I think that can be seen by reading a lot of the D&D Next feedback.

All I will say is that I made a Monk, and I ran it through a "solitaire" playtest battle (along with a Bard and a Sorcerer), and submitted my initial feedback (much of which was informed by that encounter).  It's a huge improvement on the versions in the Escalation Editions.  It feels like a Monk.  It has a non-traditional structure, and it makes me wonder how some of the other classes in 13 True Ways will be built.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna need to check that out soon. I haven't had a chance yet, but the document is sitting on my desktop, waiting to be opened. :-D

    ReplyDelete